Extended deadline! Proposals due December 9, 2019.
Please prepare a 250- to 500-word proposal and a maximum 75-word abstract for one type of presentation. Note: You may submit a proposal for the Works-in-Progress session as well as one additional session. This will be the only multiple presentation allowed.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Title of presentation.
- 75-word abstract for inclusion in the conference program.
- 250- to 500-word proposal.
- Type of session: Individual Presentation, Group Panel, Data Display, Roundtable, Workshop, Conversation Circle, Extended Workshop, or Works-in-Progress. (NOTE: One type per attendee; Works-in-Progress submitters may add one type of session proposal.)
- Specific audiovisual and technical requests (NOTE: Presenters should plan to bring their own laptop computers)
- Plans for encouraging interaction and involving the audience.
- Note: Do not include any personal or identifying information (name, institution) in any part of the proposal. Including the role of the submitter and type of institution (community college, high school, small liberal arts college, HBCU, university, etc.) is appropriate.
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of relevance to the conference theme, grounding in current writing center discussions, and application to a broad audience of writing center tutors and administrators. Submissions will also be reviewed on the basis of originality (novel perspectives, approaches, and methods), interactivity (audience participation vs. oral delivery of an essay), and clarity.
Submitting Proposals All proposals should be submitted via www.newcamembers.org. If this is your first time submitting a proposal, you will be asked to create an account. If you have submitted a proposal using this system before, you will need to log in using the email address and password you associated with the account.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please email Susan DeRosa or Stefan Spezio, co-chairs of the NEWCA Proposal Reading Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.